- My new book, Beauty, You Drive a Hard Bargain, will be available by the end of October from me directly ($2.00 off Publisher’s price) on this website or through email, (firstname.lastname@example.org), or on Amazon.com. (full price) The book’s cover is a photograph of my husband’s, Steve Millner.
- Poetry News From all Over; finally a post!
- Poetry News From All Over–SVJ publishes two of my poems
- MAIN STREET VOICES POETRY CONTEST OPEN TO BUCKS COUNTY PA RESIDENTS, STUDENT AND ADULT
- POETRY ADVENTURES FROM ALL OVER–SARAH MOOK SCHOLASTIC POETRY CONTEST INFORMATION
mariered on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From All Over… BECKY charlesworth on Pentimento Magazine Accepting… mariered on U.S. 1 Worksheets accepted my…
Author Archives: mariered
Lori and I are pleased to have the interview concerning our magazine, Pentimento, with Michael Northen, editor of Wordgathering, published in the September issue of that journal. Lori is the Managing Editor of Pentimento and I’m the Poetry Editor. See … Continue reading
Take a minute and check out Pentimento Magazine. Begun by Lori Brozek from Lambertville NJ, we are an ad-free magazine that concerns “All Things Disability.” I have the honor of being the magazine’s poetry editor; our entries have originated from … Continue reading
U.S. 1 Worksheets accepted my poem “Travelogue” for their 2015 issue; U.S. 1 accepted my poem, “All the Universe Is Your Toy,” for 2013 issue
I’m pleased that U. S. 1 Worksheets has accepted my poem “Travelogue” for their 2015 issue. U.S. 1 is based in Princeton, NJ, and has published its yearly journal since 1973. The journal includes over 100 new and seasoned poets … Continue reading
Submit to Pentimento! We accept fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, essays, art, and photography from adults, young adults, and children concerning disability. The cover is always art by a disabled child. Submission dates are July 1 to September 15. The Reader’s … Continue reading
I’m honored that my poem, “Radio Interview” has been published in a new anthology, The Liberal Media Made Me do It, a collection of poems inspired by NPR and PBS interviews, stories, and shows. Published by Nine Toes Press, a … Continue reading
The latest issue of Adanna Journal, centered on the theme of Women and Food, has just been released. I am honored that my poem, “Upon Hearing in November of the Arrival” is included in this prestigious journal. The poem celebrates … Continue reading
How important is it to your poetry to add the absolutely right, kicker of a word, most specific adjective? Very. Adjectives modify nouns–people, places, and things. They describe, identify, or quantify a noun or a pronoun. In the phrase, “black … Continue reading