- My new book, Beauty, You Drive a Hard Bargain, will be available by the end of October from me directly ($2.00 off Publisher’s price) on this website or through email, (firstname.lastname@example.org), or on Amazon.com. (full price) The book’s cover is a photograph of my husband’s, Steve Millner.
- Poetry News From all Over; finally a post!
- Poetry News From All Over–SVJ publishes two of my poems
- MAIN STREET VOICES POETRY CONTEST OPEN TO BUCKS COUNTY PA RESIDENTS, STUDENT AND ADULT
- POETRY ADVENTURES FROM ALL OVER–SARAH MOOK SCHOLASTIC POETRY CONTEST INFORMATION
mariered on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From All Over… BECKY charlesworth on Pentimento Magazine Accepting… mariered on U.S. 1 Worksheets accepted my…
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I’m honored that my poem, “Radio Interview” has been published in a new anthology, The Liberal Media Made Me do It, a collection of poems inspired by NPR and PBS interviews, stories, and shows. Published by Nine Toes Press, a … Continue reading
April Is National Poetry Month, Writing Advice for Poetry from Marie Kane, Write from Abundance and the Power of Verbs
Writing Poetry Writing is frustrating and fulfilling, difficult and satisfying–and writing poetry is even more so. I taught high school English for twenty-right years, and loved it. Yes, it was often demanding and exhausting with too many bleary-eyed nights grading … Continue reading
Yesterday, (4 3 14) I spoke of ‘Digging Deeper’ to discover original, startling, unusual, ‘just the right word’ additions to your poetry. So today, I want to give you some examples from my own work in which I did so. … Continue reading
Revision, the hard work poets do to bring a poem to as close to a final state as it can be (is there ever a ‘final’ state? 🙂 ) is often frustrating. How many times have you heard from a … Continue reading
My dear friend, Herb Perkins Frederick, passed away two years ago; his poetry was startling, often humorous, detailed, and well-put. He said important things in all of his poems. His ideas regarding revision brightened many of my poems–and others. So … Continue reading
For the first day of N.P.M., I thought some quotes about poetry would be an appropriate start: “Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.”—T. S. Eliot Of course Eliot would have this to say about poetry. “If I … Continue reading
Pentimento Magazine–new print journal for poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, art, and photography
Pentimento magazine out of Lambertville NJ, Publisher, Lori Brozek, is a journal that centers on disability and is open for submissions until March 15, 2014 for the June issue. A disabled adult or child can submit, or anyone connected to … Continue reading