- My new book, Beauty, You Drive a Hard Bargain, will be available by the end of October from me directly ($2.00 off Publisher’s price) on this website or through email, (firstname.lastname@example.org), or on Amazon.com. (full price) The book’s cover is a photograph of my husband’s, Steve Millner.
- Poetry News From all Over; finally a post!
- Poetry News From All Over–SVJ publishes two of my poems
- MAIN STREET VOICES POETRY CONTEST OPEN TO BUCKS COUNTY PA RESIDENTS, STUDENT AND ADULT
- POETRY ADVENTURES FROM ALL OVER–SARAH MOOK SCHOLASTIC POETRY CONTEST INFORMATION
mariered on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From All Over… BECKY charlesworth on Pentimento Magazine Accepting… mariered on U.S. 1 Worksheets accepted my…
Tag Archives: Marie Kane writing advice
How important is it to your poetry to add the absolutely right, kicker of a word, most specific adjective? Very. Adjectives modify nouns–people, places, and things. They describe, identify, or quantify a noun or a pronoun. In the phrase, “black … Continue reading
Yesterday, (4 3 14) I spoke of ‘Digging Deeper’ to discover original, startling, unusual, ‘just the right word’ additions to your poetry. So today, I want to give you some examples from my own work in which I did so. … Continue reading
Revision, the hard work poets do to bring a poem to as close to a final state as it can be (is there ever a ‘final’ state? 🙂 ) is often frustrating. How many times have you heard from a … Continue reading