- My new book, Beauty, You Drive a Hard Bargain, will be available by the end of October from me directly ($2.00 off Publisher’s price) on this website or through email, (email@example.com), or on Amazon.com. (full price) The book’s cover is a photograph of my husband’s, Steve Millner.
- Poetry News From all Over; finally a post!
- Poetry News From All Over–SVJ publishes two of my poems
- MAIN STREET VOICES POETRY CONTEST OPEN TO BUCKS COUNTY PA RESIDENTS, STUDENT AND ADULT
- POETRY ADVENTURES FROM ALL OVER–SARAH MOOK SCHOLASTIC POETRY CONTEST INFORMATION
mariered on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From all Over; fin… Claudia McGill on Poetry News From All Over… BECKY charlesworth on Pentimento Magazine Accepting… mariered on U.S. 1 Worksheets accepted my…
Category Archives: April is National Poetry Month!
The latest issue of Adanna Journal, centered on the theme of Women and Food, has just been released. I am honored that my poem, “Upon Hearing in November of the Arrival” is included in this prestigious journal. The poem celebrates … Continue reading
How important is it to your poetry to add the absolutely right, kicker of a word, most specific adjective? Very. Adjectives modify nouns–people, places, and things. They describe, identify, or quantify a noun or a pronoun. In the phrase, “black … Continue reading
I am a bit under the weather, so no post yesterday. Today, a quote to think about; here’s two: “A writer is someone who pays attention to the world — a writer is a professional observer.” — From Susan Sontag’s 1992 … Continue reading
Let’s look at other quotes about poetry: “Sometimes there’s no one to listen to what you really might like to say at a certain moment. The paper always listens.” ~ Naomi Shihab Nye What a true quote about poetry! The … Continue reading
>We don’t have to serve the meaning of the poem to the reader on a silver platter of words; BE CONCISE. This is hard for me, since I often overwrite, use too many words that bore the reader with my … Continue reading